I have used square wave inverters with a 12v battery for a long time. And since the battery is not woking properly anymore after 12 years. I was looking for the best solar inverter in India.
Best hybrid inverter in India will be purely based on the need of your electric consumption.
Otherwise you will end up spending a lot for the best solar inverter in India.
Top 10 best solar inverter in India
Which is the best solar inverter in India?
Best solar inverter for home
Overall best solar inverter for home
Best solar inverter with battery combo
Best microtek solar inverter
Best flinslim mppt solar hybrid inverter
My personal choice
Best Mppt solar inverter
Best solar inverter hybrid 3kw
Best solar inverter hybrid 5kw
Solar inverter for ac 1.5 ton /1 ton
Solar inverter with wifi
Top 10 solar inverter manufacturers in India
These are arguably the best solar inverter manufacturers in India.
Makes a large range of PWM based home hybrid solar inverters. Also makes mppt based pro level inverters of high capacity as well.
Makers of many mid to high range PWM based home solar inverters in India. All models come with LCD panels.
Mostly used for high requirement, high cost solar plant projects or for industrial purposes. They make 3kw, 5kw hybrid inverters with mppt technology.
Makes PWM based hybrid inverters with LCD.
Famous for their mppt based charge controller. Now also makes many mppt based low cost high VA inverters.
Most known for their budget mppt based hybrid inverter capable of using both 12v and 24v panels. Also makes various PCU of high VA capability.
Makes wifi enabled hybrid solar inverters for home use.
Makes both home and industrial use solar inverters but not very popular yet for Indian homes.
Reviews of the best hybrid inverter in India
Luminous Solar Inverter NXG1400 12V Solar Home UPS
Luminous Solar Inverter NXG1400 is a great solar inverter for places where power cuts are not long and the need of saving money is present.
You can attach 1000 watts of solar panel and can run around 700va of electrical equipment.
This hybrid inverter is made to reduce electricity bills in semi urban areas like mine.
- 12v system
- 1000 watt solar panel support
- 700 VA capacity
- Pure sine wave inverter
- 85% efficiency
- ECO mode
- UPS mode
- Fast Charge
- Can save around 1.5- 3 units per day
- Although the description says it can save 1.5 – 3 units per day, if you put all 1000 watts panel then you can save around 4-5 units a day.
- Has Fast charge/charge mode to charge the battery fast. This gets done via main electric connection only.
- Functional UPS mode for computer.
- Comes with a 2 year warranty.
- Can be used with smaller batteries to reduce electricity bills by using 1000 watts solar panel.
- Selectable Tubular/ Flat / Gel or VLRA batteries system.
- No LCD screen.
- No option to stop grid charging.
Luminous NXG1800 + LPTT12150H 120Ah 2Nos + 325Watts Solar Panel
Luminous NXG1800 is a mid range PWM based hybrid inverter for areas where longer power cuts happen.
This solar inverter is a 24v model and thus require 2 batteries.
This increases the overall cost but for longer battery backup this is a must.
- This is a combo of solar panel (325 watts * 2), NXG 1800 and 150AH battery.
- All are from Luminous with good warranty years of 5 years on battery and 2 years on inverter.
- Solar panel do get a warranty of 25 years.
- Pure sine wave inverter
- 85% efficiency
- ECO mode
- UPS mode
- Fast Charge
- Protection against: Short circuit, Overload, High temperature, Battery low cut-off
- Can save 4.5 – 6 units a day.
- Can use smaller batteries of 100ah to keep the cost low.
- Can be used to run 1000 watts solar panels to run household appliances at day time.
- Load can be run through the battery as well.
- Can run 10 Led, 3 fans, 1 television, 1 refrigerator easily.
- 15000Va capacity for a large room.
- Can select Tubular/ Flat / Gel or VLRA batteries
- No display.
- No control of stopping grid charging.
MICROTEK Digital Solar UPS M-SUN-1135 VA 12V
I have used square wave microtek inverters and that was a mediocre experience.
But these hybrid pure sine wave inverters are great.
And all MSUN solar inverters have LCD screens to monitor the battery charge level, solar panel inputs and more.
- 1135 VA load supported.
- 12v single battery system.
- 600 watts solar panel supported.
- Can run Fans (3-5), Lights (8-10), Television (1), Refrigerator (1), Desktop / Laptop (2) easily.
- Pure sine wave.
- PWM technology.
- Overload protection.
- Easily one of the best solar inverters in India within a low budget to run a lot of appliances.
- Can run load upto 900 watts.
- The LCD screen makes it easy to track the solar panel electric generation.
- Has UPS features to run computers or other sensitive electric equipment.
- Can provide 6-8 hours of backup time.
- Has disable grid charging feature which allows to disconnect from grid and charge battery only on solar.
- Has smart mode which will run loads only from solar.
- Many have reported having issues with the LCD screen and UPS mode.
- Supported solar panel watts could be higher.
Flin Energy FlinSlim MPPT Ultimate Solar Inverter with Zero Transfer Time and Android
FlinSlim MPPT Ultimate Solar Inverter is one of the best hybrid inverters by Flin Energy. This is also one of the best solar inverter hybrid 5kw.
- 48V, 4 battery system
- 5kw system
- 4000 watts solar panel support
- MPPT 80A Solar Controller
- Can be use in parallel to 9 other similar inverters to make 45 kilo watt solar system
- Can be installed on the wall to save space.
- Has big bright LCD display
- Zero Transfer Time
- Andriod app support (app name: WATCHPOWER)
- Bluetooth support
- Can use wifi device to monitor via wifi
- Can be used without a grid.
- Flienergy is pretty responsive to questions/query.
- Get 400 watts of solar panel.
- Efficient mppt solar charge controller.
- Run loads upto 5000 watts easily.
- Supports multiple batteries and can help you completely go off grid.
- Can check status from the android app.
- Can not work without battery.
- Many suspect about warranty, customer support.
- Really costly model for an average Indian home.
Exide Solar Inverter
Exide does not have a lot of solar inverters on the market but these are good for home use.
- Comes with an LCD screen to monitor battery level, solar panel input, inverter status.
- Supports 800 watts of solar panel.
- PWM based 30A system.
- 1100 VA load supported.
- Has UPS, High charge and Hybrid modes.
- 2 years of warranty.
- Single battery system.
- LCD screens are a rare feature at this price range.
- Hybrid mode makes more sense if you have a solar panel installed.
- LCD screens are one of the brightest in the price range.
- No option to set battery charging to solar panels only.
- Exide does not have any mppt model for home use.
UTL Gamma+ rMPPT Solar Inverter 40A
UTL Gamma+ is a MPPT based hybrid inverter that can use 24v panels with 12v battery system.
This allows us to use 1000 watts of panels of 24v, which will take smaller roof space than 12v 1000 watts panels.
- MPPT based hybrid inverter
- 40A charge controller
- Supports 12v or 24v panels
- Can support single battery or double battery system
- Comes with Digital Display
- UPS mode
- Use a single battery and 1k watt solar panel to save electricity throughout the day.
- Use 2 battery system to take a step toward completely living off grid.
- MPPT will help you charge your battery faster and run load better due to its high efficiency.
- UPS mode works great.
- There is no other mppt based hybrid inverter in India under 10000 INR.
Not sure on receiving service through our India.
Luminous NXT 3Kw/48V Single Phase Solar PCU
This is one of the best and most reliable 3kW hybrid solar inverter in India. This is also a MPPT charge controller based inverter also.
- MPPT charge controller.
- 3000 watts solar panel support
- 48v battery system (4 batteries)
- Pure sine wave
- Can select solar battery charging, grid charging etc
- Dual MCB protection.
- LCD display
- Overcharge, short-circuit etc protection
- Can start living without any grid power.
- Can start using only solar power to charge the battery, saving grid power and money.
- Offers 3k watts of solar panel compatibility which is enough to run AC, fridge, pump and other house appliances.
- Have several protection from electrical malfunctions
- MNRE approved.
- Requires 4 batteries of 12v, providing long backup time.
- Many faced several issues with this PCU.
- Require 4 batteries and will not work without a battery.
Flin Energy FlinFuzion MPPT Solar Hybrid Inverter – 5kVA
Flin Energy FlinFuzion MPPT Solar Hybrid Inverter is one of the best solar inverter hybrid of 5kw.
- 5kw load support
- 4 battery system
- Can work without batteries
- Pure sine wave output
- MPPT charge controller inbuilt
- Slim wall mount design
- Useful LCD and control buttons
- With 93% efficiency you will save a lot of solar power into the batteries.
- If you live in an area where there are no power cuts then you can use this hybrid solar inverter without batteries as well. This will keep the cost low and all day time electric usages will be done by the solar panel.
- If you use batteries then you can start living without any grid power.
- Pure sine wave output, which is safe for sensitive electrical equipments.
- Overall system cost will be very high thus you will get a return on investment after a long time.
- Installation cost will be higher also.
- In general will require a costlier 24v solar panel to go with it and wires.
- Will need a larger roof area for panel installation.
Smarten Superb 4000 VA Support 3000watts Panels / 1.5ton Air conditioners
If you want to run 1 ton or 1.5 ton AC using solar power but you do not have the budget to spend on costly solar inverters then smarten is your best choice.
- 50AMP MPPT solar charge controller inbuilt.
- 48v battery system
- 3000 watts panel support
- 1.5 ton AC and 1.5 HP pump can run
- LCD display
- Advanced DSP controller
- One of the best budget options if you want to run AC on solar or on battery backup.
- Supports 3000 watts of solar panel which can run almost any load that you put on.
- Very useful for large homes.
- LCD display show useful information.
- Gives you control over solar charging to the battery.
- Requires larger roof area for panel installation.
- Finding service centers can be an issue.
V-Guard Smart Pro 1200 S Solar Inverter
If you are looking for bluetooth and wifi connectivity and do not want to have a 5kw system then this is for you.
- Wifi and bluetooth connectivity.
- Alexa, Google Home enabled.
- Can access from anywhere on the earth
- Pure sine wave inverter
- Turbocharge feature
- Holiday mode
- Battery water topping reminder
- User defined performance level
- Very nice features like water topping notification, solar panel cleaning notifications etc. Great for busy people.
- With alexa and Google home you can start building up your home from the future.
- Has turbocharge mode, where the inverter charges the battery at 30% faster rate.
- Can prepare as per the weather using aleza/Google home.
- Not for off grid living at all.
- Will not help much with money saving since the solar panel watt is limited to under 500 watts.
- Many did not like the technician that V-guard sent.
Hybrid solar inverter price in India
Among the inverters, hybrid inverters are most costly. These are well above in features when it comes to off grid or on grid inverters. The cost of the hybrid solar inverters depend on the VA rating and the panel support. Higher the VA and the supported solar panels, the higher the cost will be.
A hybrid solar inverter price in India can anywhere be from 5000 INR to 1 lakhs etc.
Also the cost depends on the technology used, the PWM inverters are priced lower than the MPPT solar inverters.
How to choose the best solar inverter
1. If you live in an area where power cut is frequent and loadshedding stays for longer hours. Or there is no electricity at all then opt for higher battery systems (24v, 36v, 48v). The cost of a battery will be higher but you will have an uninterrupted power supply all times.
When the power is off your battery backup will start and at day times your solar panels will provide the required electricity.
- 24v = 2 batteries
- 36v= 3 batteries (Not popular)
- 48v = 4 batteries
2. If you live in a city where power cuts are nominal and you do not have a net metering system like the area I am from.
Then you should opt for a single battery system (12v) but preferably higher solar panel support that you can get.
This way the solar panels will provide you electricity at day time. And after evening you will use the main power supply.
And when a power cut happens, then battery power will kick in.
3. Also if you do not get power cuts at all then save the money on battery and get on the grid inverter system. That is if you also have a net metering system. In that way you can save money.
Scroll below to know more
VA rating: For a small Indian home a solar inverter with 800va might work but if you want to run 1 ton AC or other high electric consumption devices then you would need higher VA models.
I am aiming to get a solar inverter of 1100VA which will support a load around 800-900 watts.
Also note higher the VA support, more battery and higher number of minimum solar panels you would need.
Solar Panel Supported: If you want to save on electricity bills, then you should focus on getting the max amount of solar panel supported as per your cost permits. Generally a 1000 watt system will generate 4-5 units a day. Meaning at day time you will have to run 4 units of worth of electrical devices.
Thus you will be saving those 4 units from the mani electrical line.
And also note that higher the solar panel support, higher the inverter cost and ultimately the whole system cost gets high.
Thus always calculate your power consumption requirement.
Battery Support: If you live somewhere where power cut is very frequent or does not have electricity then you should go for higher battery numbers. This will increase the cost but you can definitely beat the power cuts with this.
If you encounter around 4-5 hours of power cut a day/night then a 12v single battery hybrid inverter would do.
For longer power cuts you can get 24v – 2 battery systems. And if you do not want to use main electric supply at all then opt for 4 battery systems with much higher capacity hybrid inverters like this.
Sine Wave: Usually I have not seen any hybrid inverter to be a square wave inverter. I have one old square wave inverter and you should avoid it. Always double check that the solar inverter of your choice is a Pure sine wave inverter with UPS mode.
Price: For 1kw solar inverter then cost can be around 8k INR. MPPT based inverters are of much higher cost. For general usages PWM inverters will work as well. On the other hand if you completely want to leave the usual power supply then invest in 2k-5kw solar inverter of much higher cost depending on your requirement.
Service center: Many inverters come with 2-5 years of warranty. And big brands like Exide, Luminous have easy to access service call numbers to contact. I have booked service from Luminous before and my issue was solved within 2-3 days.
LCD screen: In many solar inverters there are only LED lights to indicate solar power, main on, battery low etc. these do not show the actual battery charge percentage, how much solar power is being generated etc. As a solution many would attach another monitor but many solar hybrid inverters do come with a LCD screen.
I would pick these for the sake of viewing the information. Being a nerd is a pain sometimes.
Efficiency: In general mppt solar controller built hybrid inverters are more efficient but for smaller solar plant project you would not need it. You can get away with PWM charge controllers as well. But if you have the budget and want more solar panels to install then MPPT solar inverters are the way to go.
How to run inverter without battery?
Hybrid solar systems can operate without a battery. In this case you will need to have a hybrid solar inverter like we have here and attach the required solar panel.
You will be able to run the load through the solar panels but will not be able to store any electricity in the batteries.
What is the best hybrid inverter?
In Indian flin energy hybrid inverters are the most capable if you need to run more load or need mppt solar charge controllers.
Otherwise for homes any Exide/luminous PWM based hybrid inverters would do fine.
What is solar inverter for home?
A solar inverter for home is a device that takes electric input from solar panels and stores it in a battery.
In case a battery is not present, or of the battery is fully charged, it will use that electricity to run home appliances.
What size inverter do I need for solar panels?
Inverter size depends on the load you want to run, higher the VA number the more load you can run. 1100VA is a good inverter capacity for a normal Indian household.
Which is a better solar inverter or regular inverter?
If you have no intention of using solar panels now or in the future then a regular inverter is a batter option since the cost of these are lower than solar inverters.
But if you want to take a step towards green energy then a solar inverter makes sense and is a much better choice.
How many solar panels do I need for a 2000 watt inverter?
For 2000 watts solar panels you can go with 6 325 watts solar panels. And these will be 24v panels.
Which Microtek inverter is best?
Microtek Msun 1135 VA looks to be a promising solar inverter in India for homes. This can comfortably run around 900 watts of load and has a LCD screen to show you the details.
Do solar inverters turn off at night?
Inverters do not get turned off automatically at night. Since there is no sunlight they can not run the house load via solar panels. Neither can they charge the battery via solar panels.
But they do stay on to serve the house in case of power outage.
Where should a solar inverter be installed?
Preferable any kind of inverter, like a solar inverter should be installed in an open space. You can not let the battery and the solar inverter get too hot. So do not instal them in a cramped space.
Solar inverter that can run air conditioner?
Generally to run an air conditioner via solar inverter you would need solar panel supporting that watts. And the solar inverter itself needs to be capable enough.
For example, to run a 1.5 ton inverter AC, you will need at least 1500 watts solar panel and an inverter that can take up at least 1500 watts load.
Can you fix a solar inverter?
Service centers can fix their solar inverters.
How far can solar panels be from inverter?
Generally it should be under 20-30 feet. And the copper wires are also costly so it should be on top of the room where the inverter is.
How much does solar inverter cost?
Solar inverter cost depends on the load running capacity of the inverter. More the load it can support, more solar panel it can support and thus it costs more.
Generally for home you can get god quality inverters from reputed brands at 7000 INR.
How to protect solar inverter from lightning?
Grounding is the most easy solution to protect solar inverter from lightning. Get an electrician check if you have electrical grounding/ earthing done. For inverter protection, that is enough.
How to protect solar panels from lightning?
Lightning rods are the way to go, these will redirect lightning to the ground and keep it away from the solar panel.
How to calculate solar inverter needs?
If you need to run a load of 800 watts of electrical equipment, then you should get at least 800 watts of solar panel and an inverter that is capable enough.
How to monitor solar inverter?
Many solar inverters come with LCD screens which can be used for monitoring the battery capacity. And if your hybrid inverter does not have a LCD screen then you can use another solar meter or just another electrical meter and you will be able to monitor the units generated by the solar panel.
How to make normal inverter to solar inverter?
You will need a solar charge controller for this. More amps and mppt technology is better. Adding a solar charge controller will make a normal inverter into a solar inverter.
If you have a square wave inverter then I would suggest that you do not convert it rather get a new one. For old sine wave inverters, adding a charge controller makes sense.