Personally I never liked air coolers since it never really worked for our house. We live in a area where humidity is high and I believe air coolers will work better with less humid weathers.
Nonetheless, here are the best air coolers under 7000 in India.
[LIST] best air cooler under 7000 in india
[Reviews] best air cooler under 7000 in India
Symphony Diet 12T Personal Tower Air Cooler
Symphony air coolers are the most popular air coolers in Indian homes. Overall these are reliable air coolers but features vary in models.
This particular air cooler is very slim and can be placed in the corner of the room.
The air cooler comes with a honeycomb pad which is very effective and also comes with a moderate 12 liter water tank.
Since the design is very small and tubular the water tank is smaller. And this air cooler comes with wheels so you can move it around.
Symphony air cooler also has an air purification feature which includes a dust filter, smell filer, allergy filter, bacteria filter and the honeycomb pad with 2.5 wash filter.
This structure is good at purifying most of the items from the air.
Since this is a small sized air cooler it can cool 28 cubic metres of area. This can cool a small sized room, balcony, study room easily.
- Compact size at 2.7 feet height, 1 feet width and 1 feet depth.
- Dura-pump Technology
- Have a layered air filter.
- Diet 12T Honeycomb wash filter
- Water level indicator
- Water release plug
- Overflow outlet
- Good for small spaces or for single person use.
- Have an air filter which will keep dust and allergens away.
- Diet 12T honeycomb mesh helps in cooling the hot air quickly.
- It has easy to access speed, swing and cool regulators.
- Dura-pump Technology improves the longevity of the air cooler.
- Low power consumption.
- Easy to drain water.
Many complain about after sales service.
Bajaj Platini PX97 Torque 36-Litres Personal Air Cooler
If you want to cool a larger area than the symphony diet 12t can then this is the right one for you.
Bajaj is a known player when it comes to home appliances and this air cooler is a great one too.
This model Platnini Px97 is a 100 watt fan model with 36 litres of water holding capacity. This will effectively cool at least 100 sq feet of area and is good for 2-3 persons.
This Px97 comes with wheels so you can move around and adjust as needed. Moreover this one of the best air coolers under 7000 comes with 3 side cooler master feature.
This feature allows to cool three sides at the same time.
Apart from these, this Bajaj cooler has honeycomb cooling media which helps in cooling down the hot air quickly. There are cooling pad at the three sides and those all are removable.
- Can cover 150 sq feet area.
- Has a large 36 litre water tank.
- 3 way speed control.
- 100 watts power consumption
- Honeycomb cooling pads
- Covers a large area which is useful to be used in the bedroom or hall.
- Can be used for 2-3 people at the same time.
- Moderate power consumption at 100 watts if you compare to BLDC fans
- Low noise.
- Powerful air throw that can cover a large area.
- 3 side cooling.
- Has a caster wheel so it can be easily moved and adjusted as needed.
- Plastic screws could be troublesome.
- Many complained about the pump.
iBELL PERSONA35P Air Cooler under 7k INR
Ibell has popular tower fans and this air cooler is a good product also. This ibell air cooler has a 35 litre water rank and 3 speed regulation control.
It has a top load mechanism for putting water and ice. Near the loading option there are the knobs to use to regulate air and swing.
And it also comes with wheels for easy transport.
Like other air coolers, this also has honeycomb pads and also have excellent swing option.
They mention the RPM of the fan inside is 1350 RPM which is quite fast like a pedestal fan.
- Sturdy motor with 1350 RPM fan.
- 3 speed regulation and swing.
- ABS body
- Caster wheels
- 35 litre water tank
- Good RPM, enough for a 120 sq feet room.
- Larger water tank will help to run the machine longer.
- Has Caster wheels to move it around the room or house.
- Has 3 speed motor and can use the swing as well.
Although not official as per my understanding but someone mentioned that it runs on 24o watts of power.
Koryo 45L Room/Personal Air Cooler
This air cooler has one of the largest water tanks in India. With 45 litres of water you can use it for a longer period of time to make the room cooler.
There is a water level indicator and water overflow opening. And there is also an ice chamber for extra cooling.
Although it has a large water tank, this is a slim tower styled air cooler. It has swing/pump control and 3 speed control at the front.
Koryo also claims that it can throw air up to 30 feet which is really beneficial for larger rooms.
And you can use the 4 way air deflection too.
- 45 liter water and ice tank.
- 3 speed control and swing control
- Has overflow opening.
- Water level indicator
- Can throw air upto 30 feet away.
- With the 45 litre water tank and air throw of 30 feet, this is a good air cooler for larger rooms in India.
- There are also water level indicators, overflow opening and control regulators at top which are easily accessible.
- Unless you get a defective item there is nothing that you should be worried about.
Crompton Mystique 20 Ltrs Tower Air Cooler
Crompton mystique is dual color air cooler with 20 liter capacity.
This air cooler has the capacity to cool 165 sq feet of area. This one of the best air coolers under 7000 has wood wool cooling pads.
The top most feature that you should get this air cooler for is –
23 feet airflow and 1400cmm air delivery, this ensures optimum cooling for a medium sized room.
And after looking at the air delivery and area covered, it is safe to assume that this cooler can be used by 2-3 people in the same room.
- 20 litres water capacity
- Wood Wool cooling pads
- 1400 CMM air delivery
- 23 feet air throw
- 130 watts power consumption
- Motor overload protector
- 4 way air deflection
- This air cooler has a large water tank thus you can run this cooler for longer hours.
- Honeycomb pads allow the heat to quickly cool off.
- 1400CMM is enough for large rooms and more than one person.
- Can be used for rooms up to 165 sq feet.
- Has an airthrow power of 23 feet.
- Has wheels along with a base.
- Works with an inverter.
- Although works with an inverter, this air cooler consumes around 130 watts of power. This will drain the battery quick. If you compare it with a ceiling fan.
- Bad customer service is reported by many.
- Many faced water leak issues.
KITCHOFF Air Cooler With 35-litres Water Tank
Kitchoff air cooler has a 35 litre water tank and can be run for hours. This air cooler under 7000 is suitable for home and for office.
This can throw air upto 35 feet and consumes around 175 watts. The high airflow and makes it an easy choice for larger rooms.
Other than that this air cooler has 1350 RPM meaning it can throw much air than other models with lower RPM.
- 35 litres capacity.
- H2O bluepad cooling media
- 35 feets of air throw
- 1350 RPM
- Honeycomb cooling pad
Can throw air around 35 feet away which is good for office or large rooms.
- 35 liters of water capacity ensure that you get the cooling effect longer.
- Comes with wheels so you can move it around.
- There is also a water level indicator, drain plug etc.
- 3 way speed control.
- Can work on an inverter.
- Has pump protection technology.
- Height is as such that it can throw air at bed level effortlessly.
Consumes 175 watts which will drain the inverter battery quickly.
Mango Cool Master (i) Personal Room Air Cooler
This Mango Cool master air cooler has a useful led screen at the front which is not present in other models in India under 7000 rs.
The water tank is 25 liters and air throw distance is 30 feet. There is also a honeycomb cooling pad which is better.
And the height of the air cooler is as such that it will throw air at bed level.
Apart from that there are few exciting features that you should look into are –
- Remote control
- Touch control panel
- LCD display
- 8 hours timer
- 175 watts power consumption
- 30 feet air throw
- Throws air 30 feet away which is suitable for a large room.
- Remote control, touch control, lcd displays are a nice touch.
- Bed level air throw
- Has wheels for transportation
- Could be noisy.
- Although works on an inverter but it consumes around 175 watts for which you will need a bigger battery.
Symphony Ice Cube 27 Personal Room Air Cooler
Symphony Ice Cube 27 Personal Room Air Cooler under 7000 INR is one of the mid sized air coolers.
This air cooler has a capacity of 27 litres and powerful fans.
This also has 3 side honeycomb pads and 3 way regulator to control speed.
And like some other Symphony models this air cooler also has a multi stage air purification system.
- 27 litres water capacity.
- Works well for small to mid sized rooms.
- Honeycomb cooling pads.
- Dial knobs to control speed and swing.
- Average height, not too tall.
- Air purification
- The air gets some purification from dust and allergic materials.
- 3 way honeycomb cooling pad for better cooling.
- 27 liters capacity so you can run it for a longer period of time.
- May not work well for more than 2 people.
- Many did not get good customer service.
[Buying Guide] best air cooler under 7000
Height: Height should be enough that you get air when you sit or on your bed. Most air coolers are tall enough but some are not. Check the height if you want to be sure.
Space: If you have shortage space then you should look into getting those slim air coolers. Although it will fit in the small space, it will lack in motor power and water containing capacity.
Water capacity: Larger water or ice tanks ensure that you will have cool air for a longer period of time. And this also makes the air cooler large.
Swing: If you are looking to cool the entire room then get those air coolers which have swing options. This works for multiple people also.
Aithrow: Higher the feets for air throw, larger the room the air cooler under 7k can cool down.
Warranty and Customer Care: Personally I have seen customer care is literally zero for most companies. If you are from an urban or rural area then just check with local electricians to repair these air coolers. Usually warranty is valid for 1 year only.
Power Consumption: Powerful motors will throw air much far away but will also increase power consumption. Usually it will consume around 120-180 watts of power. And the air coolers under 7000 will run on inverters but will drain the battery quickly.
Features: If you wish you can opt for features like air purification, remote, lcd display etc. I would like to have a remote control since that makes more sense. I would not trust the capability of air purification of an air cooler.
Ref: History of air coolers (Wiki)