The best air cooler under 5000 inr in India are versatile and come with high air flow and water tank capacity.
You can pick if you want a huge water tank or slim design and buy accordingly.
Also you will get to choose from good brands of air cooler in India in this price range.
[LIST] Best air cooler under 5000
- Orient Electric Smartcool Dx CP2002H 20 litres Air Cooler (White and Light Grey)
- Mango Cool master Sand Tower Air Cooler with Silent Fan and Honeycomb Pads
- Symphony Ninja 27 Ltrs Air Cooler
- Himalaya Coolers Personal Room Air Cooler with Silent Fan
- Kenstar Little Dx 12-Litre Air Cooler
- Kenstar Nix 12 L Personal Air Cooler
- Hindware Snowcrest 19 HO Personal Air Cooler-19L
[REVIEW] Best air cooler under 5000
Orient Electric Smartcool Dx CP2002H
Orient Electric Smartcool Dx has two similar models like CP2002H and CP2003H. These models are identical but the CP2003H have touch buttons.
And the CP2002H model has knobs to control the air cooler.
This air cooler under 5000 has excellinet air flow of 1300 CMM and 4 way cooling. This enables you to throw air in any direction.
It has honeycomb pads for cooling which can help with 25% faster cooling with 45% more water retention.
The outer body of the air cooler is made of ABS plastic, which is lightweight yet durable. And along with the wheels you can easily move it around the house.
And this air cooler under 5k INR also comes with some dust filter. It will block the dust, pollens etc. Also works with an inverter so there will not be any stop in operation during power cuts.
- 20 liter capacity
- 1300m3/hour air delivery
- High performance motor.
- Wheels for transportation
- 3 speed control
- Dust filter
- Ice chamber
- Honeycomb pads help with better cooling.
- The fan style air cooler also throws a lot of air into the room. This is suitable for a mid size room (100 sq feet) for 2-3 people.
- It has a dust filter which can help you control some dust and pollens.
- 20 liter capacity is enough for a few hours or a night of sleep.
- Many were disappointed with the customer care.
- Noisy at high speeds.
Mango Cool master Sand Tower Air Cooler
Mango Cool master sand air cooler is a tall looking cooler with excellent air throw.
This sleek and stylish air cooler can throw air at 1500m3 per hour. This is useful for large rooms and more than one people.
Air flow can reach upto 35 feet from this air cooler under 5000 in India.
- Honeycomb pads
- 1500m3 per hour air delivery
- 35 feet air throw
- Wheels to move around
- Rust free body
- This cooler has honeycomb pads which are faster at cooling and can maintain the water longer.
- It has powerful motors which can throw air far away and is useful for a large room.
- It has 40 liter water capacity using which you can run the cooler for a long time.
- Can be noisy at high speed levels.
- Consumes 150 watts of power which may increase your electricity bills.
Symphony Ninja 27 Ltrs Air Cooler
Symphony Ninja is a small size air cooler with 27 liters of capacity. This is good for a small room and for a single person.
It has an air purification system which will block the common dust and other bacterias in the air. It is a 5 stage purification process. And then there are the honeycomb pads which helps in cooling.
There is an ice intake also, which will help to turn the hot air into cool quickly.
- 27 liters of capacity with ice intake.
- Has castor wheels.
- Air filter layer.
- Honeycomb pads
- Single blower.
- 105 watts power consumption
- This has a small footprint and is useful for small homes.
- The air filter will trap dust, bacteria, pollens etc.
- Has a water level indicator, water release plug and controls at convenient places.
- Castor wheels can be used for portability.
- Dura pump technology ensures longevity of the pump.
- Many did not like the small structure of the air cooler.
- Some had issues with customer service.
- Moderately high electric usages.
Himalaya Coolers Personal Room Air Cooler with Silent Fan
Himalaya Personal cooler is a small cooler which has 25 liter capacity. This is meant to be used by a single person and can be used for a small room only.
This air cooler under 5000 has honeycomb pads for faster cooling. And this can be used for rooms upto 250 sq feet but with the water capacity of 25 liters I would not use it for a long night.
And there is no proper info on the air throwing capability thus I am not sure, if it would work for a larger room.
- 25 liters of water capacity.
- Supposedly works for 250 sq feet room.
- It has two knobs to control the speed and swing.
- Turbo Fan technology.
- Honeycomb technology allows for faster cooling.
- Small in size thus will be suitable for small rooms.
- 25 liter of water capacity helps with cooling down the room for some time.
- Has castor wheels to move the air cooler in between the rooms.
- Not for a large room or for multiple people.
- Consumes 130 watts of power which will increase your electricity bills.
Kenstar Little Dx 12-Litre Air Cooler
Kenstar is a great company with a range of air coolers. This cooler is a personal air cooler with very small capacity. The capacity is only 12 liter and is a very short sized air cooler.
This small sized air cooler can be used for rooms around 100 sq feet and is useful for 1-2 persons only.
The stated air throw distance for this air cooler is 35 feet, which is great. And the air delivery is 900 m3 per hour.
This is quite low to cover 35 feet but it is okay since the size of the air cooler is small.
- Cooling area 20 sq meter.
- 4 way air deflection.
- 900 m3 per hour air throw.
- 35 feet air throw.
- Great for single person use and for small rooms.
- Good air throw for a single person.
- Size is small thus can be used for a smaller size room as does not take much space.
- Not for multiple person use or to be used for a large room.
- Could not find electric consumption measure but it should not be over 120 watts.
Kenstar Nix 12 L Personal Air Cooler
Kenstar Nix is a personal air cooler with 12 liter capacity. This is for a personal use and for a single person use only.
This air cooler also uses only 50 watts of power thus it will be easy on your electric bill.
The air throw distance is around 10 feet which is very low than other models. This is bound to happen since this is a very small model.
And this can be used for a room under 100 sq feet.
- Smaller in size.
- Honeycomb pads.
- 12 liter water capacity.
- 50 watts of power consumption.
- 10 feet air throw distance.
- Very small in size thus can be used for a smaller sized room.
- Covers small areas so it is strictly for a single person.
- Not for large rooms.
- Not for multiple people usages.
Hindware Snowcrest 19 HO Personal Air Cooler-19L
Hindware has a mid sized well made air cooler under 5000 in India. This air cooler has a 19 liter water capacity and is equipped with a powerful fan and efficient motor.
This can deliver air upto 1450 m3 per hour.
Other than that, this air cooler has honeycomb pads, ice chamber for faster cooling.
- Powerful fan motor delivering air upto 1450m3 per hour.
- Honeycomb pads
- 4 way deflection
- Ice chamber
- Castor wheels
- Inverter compatible.
- Water level indicator.
- Motorized Louver Movement.
- Can be used for more than one person due to the High air delivery.
- Honeycomb pads help with faster cooling.
- There is also an ice chamber for faster cooling.
- Works on inverters so can work during power cuts.
- Castor wheels can be used to move the air cooler around.
- High powered fan may make sound while at full speed.
- May consume more electricity.
- Water capacity is 19 liter, using which you can not run the cooler for longer hours without refilling it.
[Buying Guide] Best air cooler under 5000
Air throw: Look at the details supplied from the manufacturer to know the air throw. Usually the best air cooler under 5000 will be able to throw air upto 35 feet. But smaller models have very less air throw capability and can only be used for a single person and in a single room.
Air Delivery: Air delivery is the quantity of air that an air cooler can throw when running at full speed. Many manufacturer do not disclose this number but some do. And above 1000 m3 per hour is a good number for an air cooler. Check this when you are buying the best air cooler under 5000 INR.
Water capacity: Larger water capacity ensures cool air for a longer period of time. This also makes the air cooler large in size. If you are into getting an air cooler for a large space or want to run for a longer period of time then a large water tank is needed.
Size: If you have a small room then you will need a smaller size cooler. These coolers do not take much space but lack in air throw and water tank capacity. While the larger coolers have bigger fan, bigger water tank.
Customer Service: In my experience if you are not from a metro city then customer service from air cooler brands are non existent. But air coolers are simple machines and can be repaired by local technicians.
Warranty: usually air cooler companies will offer at least 1 year warranty but some also offer 1.8 year warranty as well. Longer the warranty period, this is better. But check for service center locations.
Can air cooler be used without water?
If you have an ice chamber then you can use only ice. But it is best to use water also for the cooling effect. Otherwise it will just be like a table fan.
Can we use air cooler for baby?
Personally I would not point the air cooler towards the baby. Since the air will be cool and the intensity of the air could be higher also. And many powerful air cooler tend to be noisy also.
Can we use air cooler for newborn baby?
Since newborn babies are prone to infections and illness I would not point the air cooler towards the baby. And hopefully it will not make the room too cool for the baby. Since the air will be cool and the intensity of the air could be higher also. And many powerful air cooler tend to be noisy also.
How cold can the air cooler get?
Air cooler does not do much. It cools the air but it does not regulate any temperature.
Can we use an air cooler in corona?
Yes you can. But no air cooler has the capability of stopping the Covid virus. Moreover air coolers need proper ventilation to work so outside air will be circulating in your room.
Can air cooler run on inverter?
Yes, air cooler can run on inverters and depending on the power usages, it will drain the battery. Usually air coolers are around 120 watts.
Can we use air cooler in kitchen?
You should try the small size tower fans in the kitchen and not the air coolers. Air coolers cold wind will not be beneficial when cooking. The air cooler is also wider so the air will spread into more areas.
Can air cooler be used in humid conditions?
Air coolers works best when used in dry climates. In a humid climate if the humidity is above 50% then it will not work best.
Can I use air cooler in computer room?
Absolutely, for long working or gaming hours you will need sufficient cooling. And the next best thing after air conditioners is the air coolers. And you can use air coolers in the computer room.
Can air cooler make you sick?
Many would get sick from the air cooler. The cold wind from air cooler is enough for some of us to catch a cold.
Ref: History of air coolers(Wiki)